So with only a week left in London, I cry. Fairly certain that if I didn't have to do this whole senior year spiel, I would stay here forever. Perhaps just pitch a tent in an Oxford college courtyard and enjoy the beautiful serenity (but be equipped with an inflatable raft in case of floods).
I was able to experience the wondrousness of Oxford last week, participating in a Vision for the Developing World Conference. Ophthalmologic and optometric specialists from around the world gathered with implementers (us at the Partnership for Child Development) to discuss and develop plans for providing vision correction to schoolchildren in low income countries. ("Spectacles" is now one of my favorite British English words. It joins "rubbish" and "brilliant.") I gained invaluable insight into the policy process and met a number of really knowledgeable dedicated experts. I felt rather foolish, however, when I couldn't make out the smaller fonts on the PowerPoint presentations. Er, I left my glasses at home (perhaps in Pocatello?).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home