Pineapple Princess

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The semester is now in full swing, and I’m sitting here this afternoon with nothing pressing to do. What, what? I guess that’s the advantage of saving most of your general requirements for last. The forecast for tomorrow is looking even better. Public schools in Winston-Salem have already been cancelled and 200 Delta flights in Atlanta have preemptively been delayed with the recently issued winter storm warning. All I can say is, my college career darn well better not come to a close without taking advantage of the lenient snow day policies of the Southeast.

Speaking of Atlanta, my visit to Annie before school started was full of Georgian goodness. The highlight was probably the tour of Mayfield Dairy. Did you know the Mayfield milk famous freshness is due to the Aro-Vac processor that utilizes heat and pressure to remove unwanted flavors (such as sweet onions that the cows may have enjoyed for a summer snack) as well as to the pioneering use of yellow cartons to block penetration of ultraviolet rays, which zap nutrients? And there’s a giant Jersey cow that guards the dairy. Almost as cool as the giant peach on the side of I-85.

Anyway, the focus right now is figuring out what I’m going to do this summer. Woot, woot. I’m open to suggestions.


Annie, Maggie, and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home