Pineapple Princess

Monday, October 23, 2006

So this weekend I went with ÖSM (an Austrian Christian student organization) to Göttweig, and we actually got to stay at the monastery (“das österreichische Montecassino”). The rooms were previously used to house the Vienna boys choir, so it was pretty much amazing. I was a bad little German student and used English more than I should, though. I just feel bad because everyone can speak English ten thousand times better than I can speak German so it’s much more efficient to converse in English. I did learn a lot from the speaker (a staff worker from IVCF), and I got to know some really cool Austrians. The trip back was an adventure as the bus system though tiny Austrian towns on Sundays isn’t exactly reliable, but, sadly, we didn’t end up having to hitchhike.

Group pic on the steps of the monastery. Surprise, surprise, I’m bottom left. (For just one school picture I would have liked to break out of that spot, just one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home