So Saturday we took a bus tour around Vienna and visited sights such as Belvedere (a beautiful palace with real people now living in the servants quarters), Hundertwasserhaus (a crazy housing complex with lots of bright colors, trees growing on the building, and various window shapes), and Leopoldsberg (a hill/mountain on the outskirts that affords an amazing view of the city). After church on Sunday, an Austrian couple invited me over for lunch. I got to try the Austrian pop, Almdudler (which, by the way, is very fun to say). After the meal I partook in the coffee they served, and I must say I’m very proud of myself. They patiently helped me practice my German as well, so yeah for Austrian hospitality! Today my German class took a trip to the Albertina museum, whose current feature exhibit is on Mozart. (The city’s pretty much obsessed with the famed composer because it’s his 250th birthday this year. I hope one day my birthday is celebrated for a whole year.)

It has been said that this is basically the most wonderful picture of all time. (l-r: Rachael, Erin, Sarah, and me in front of the Upper Belvedere.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home