I’ve now been a little over a week in Austria and to sum up the experience so far, we started with a three day orientation in a little mountain town, Mariazell. There was definitely some dancing in Lederhosen and an interesting encounter with a very inebriated (and creepy) 63 year-old pilgrim named Hanzi (sp?). Once in Vienna, we made our way to our a-mazing apartment. I mean, I definitely am a fan of the 15 foot high ceilings (probably a product of the abnormal tallness of the Austrian population in general). Whoever says study abroad is easier/less work than regular school is a liar, but I have found time to do a little shopping. H & M is basically a must because it’s honestly on every corner. Regarding grocery shopping, I’m still not sure what kind of milk I got, but yay for countries that carry more varieties of Nutella than vegetables. Oh, and I’m all about the Naschmarkt (this ginormously long open-air market like two feet from the apartment). Can anyone say dried pineapple?

Still not sure why Hanzi kept repeating, "Mexico City."

1 Comments:
kristie! there are varieties of nutella? WHAT? And guess what? I used html. I'm learning it in my joke computer science class. Cool, blog, by the way, pineapple princess. I miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home