Pineapple Princess

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Based on last weekend’s adventures, I’ve decided that I’m going to build my European getaway cabin on the edge of Plitvička jezera (an oh-so-amazing national park in Croatia). I mean, aquamarine pools, innumerable waterfalls, ferry rides, what more could you want? Unfortunately, we didn't meet any bear buddies when we went cave exploring, but Sarah and I do make a pretty mean bear impression, if I do say so myself.

The hostel that we stayed at in Zagreb was an adventure in itself. (I mean, not having a lock on our door was totally safe.) I must say Croatians in general are very friendly. Like I didn’t get the whole “stupid American” vibe that’s quite prevalent in Vienna. It was crazy to think that just a decade ago war was raging here. On the way to the national park, we drove by a house with walls still littered with bullet holes.



Me standing in front of Veliki Slap, the tallest one of the bunch. (Slap means waterfall in Croatian. Definitely a JEOPARDY! worthy bit of trivia.)

You can check out more pictures of this magical place in this album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home